Cloud backup

Servers and web hosts
Fred Webber
Contact offline

Cloud backup

Post by Fred Webber » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Are there any affordable cloud backup providers? I need an automated cloud backup solutions for small business, which should be reasonably priced. I don't look for any complexity, merely the backup. I need it for MySQL and so far, but I think it will be more safety to make it on some absolutely separate network if I want to protect the data.

Augie Erhard
Contact offline

Re: Cloud backup

Post by Augie Erhard » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Can I ask you what kind of small business are you running? The cloud server backup pricing differs accordingly to your needs and can differ if you have to store a lot of data. So how much?

Juraj Vysvader
Site Admin
Contact offline

Re: Cloud backup

Post by Juraj Vysvader » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:48 pm

There's more option how to do it inexpensively.

Off-site backup

If you've got root access then Create a zipped file, download MySQL database and save in your own computer, Google Drive, or whatsoever is better for you.

Else, If you don't have provided any root access (it's a shared hosting), then you'll have to come via FTP/SFTP. Thereafter, again, you can download it very easily.

Snapshot

Almost all hosting providers offer a snapshot. You can create a snapshot of the whole VPS, or dedicated server and restore it (if you'll need so). This is one of the best solutions, because MySQL isn't the single one vulnerable part of your machine.

Internal automated backup

Don't you have it for free? Already included? OK, anyway, maybe, your own host could be cheaper than any other. I hope you check out the price.

External automated backup