What are the most interesting facts?

Excluded anywhere else
Juraj Vysvader
Site Admin
Contact offline

What are the most interesting facts?

Post by Juraj Vysvader » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:22 pm

What are the most interesting facts you know? Remember a time when you were so amazingly inspired and absorbed in a state of deep thought opening a new point of view... : ) OK, more seriously, you can share with us any random interesting facts you know. Just send it, tell me something interesting.

Thnx

Adam M.
Contact offline

The most interesting facts I know

Post by Adam M. » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:31 am

Here's the list. The most interesting facts I know are:

• On Uranus and Neptune are 'oceans of diamonds' and on Jupiter and Saturn, minimally, it rains diamonds. And I need just a little bit.

• Our DNA contains cca 8% genes inherited from retroviruses. We talk about kilograms of your body. Some micro-organisms are able to spread their DNA into human DNA, and, de facto, between spacies. However, some of them can have positive effect on our evolution, can be helpful for your kids, brain, or (we're not gonna try to list it)... so... or whatever else .

• Some organisms (like one kind of Jellyfish) are "immortal".

• Honey doesn't spoil, i.e. the usual raw honey expires after 250-300 years and the more expensive Hanuka Money (Manuka Honey) even later. It consists rather of sugar, antiseptic hydrogen peroxide, some high content of gluconic acid and pH is between 3.26-4.48.

• As a cough treatment, accordingly to NHS, homemade remedies from honey and lemon are usually more effective than commercial remedies.
    NHS wrote:A homemade remedy containing honey and lemon is likely to be just as useful and safer to take.

• Star Trek's EmDrive works, NASA tested it and electric propulsion works. What's mostly probable, this is the next generation of spacecraft engines.
    By the way, NASA has published own NASA facts, which could be interesting to someone.

• 70K years ago, there was just something between 1000-10000 people living on the Earth. Humans were facing their own extinction (many times).

Augie Erhard
Contact offline

I am fascinated by facts about organic computing

Post by Augie Erhard » Wed May 24, 2017 10:03 pm

• Organic supercomputers are coming soon. Scientists have already developed an organic computer capable of some higher calculations. They are already able to improve it, genetically modify the DNA of herbs and create a self-regenerating computer. And there were experiments on rats connected together. Collaboratively, they reached more with connected brains. The rats became smarter.

Fred Webber
Contact offline

Wordometer - real time stats

Post by Fred Webber » Wed May 24, 2017 11:26 pm

http://www.worldometers.info/
  • ~46 years to the end of the left oil
  • ~1 million deaths caused by alcohol in this year (they don't count on accicents, drunk gangsters, rebellious revolutionists, politics provocating wars, nor any killed. They count only people poisoned by high dose of alcohol).
    There's one US statistic published by govt declaring 2.5 million deaths (88K rather poisoned) per each year merely in the USA, not globally.
  • ~386K deaths caused by malaria in this year
  • ~3 million deaths caused by cancer in this year