Famous morons nearby U?

Excluded anywhere else
Clown
Contact offline

Famous morons nearby U?

Post by Clown » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:13 pm

Do u know any moron famously known from city to city for poor IQ, behaviour, or that the moron is a mental?

Juraj Vysvader
Site Admin
Contact offline

Re: Famous morons nearby U?

Post by Juraj Vysvader » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:16 am

Trivially, independent events don't seem to be realistic (neither mathematically, in a physical world, nor psychologically). However, I know you're breaching the service agreement, therms of use by which you must agree to abide in order to use a the website service.

• I know many elderly threatened by Alzheimer's, or other diseases, intractable alcoholics, 1/6 US teens abuse prescription drugs, 1/4 of 18-20 years old consume more-less regularly some of drugs including weed) and so far..., but none of them became even a little bit famous. Whereas, when someone was bullied, then the abilities and behaviour didn't matter. You can calculate your chance of winning lottery, analogically. The same, for example, in a small town with 1K people is expected to be 160 having low IQ (statistically, these are rather healthy, stronger conservatives and take less drugs), or 160K per 1M. You expect one of them is taking all the attention. I close one of my eyes and ignore the group of drug users prevalent across smarter, which should expand the number as well as other groups and here we go... The probability that one individual will be more shiny than others is just 1/160, but if it should be repeated second time, then it'll be decreased exp. to 1 : 25.6K (1/160 x 1/160 = 1/25.6K), third time 1 : 4 million (only within a village, in 1000). Do you expect such events even fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh... How much times would be needed to be everywhere famous by own activities? Do you expect that one could get over others all the times? Statistically, there's higher chance to get multiple times hit by lightnings than to experience the needed amount of the events which can make someone such famous. You know that none is perfect.

• I'm not sure what is for you a 'mental', but rather of the people diagnosed by psychologists belong to introverts, silent persons avoiding too much society, or even isolating themselves (someone who doesn't communicate). It doesn't sound like you mentioned someone, which is able to make himself/herself famous. How could it be done?

However, even if they don't speak too much and don't spend too much time in society, we know about 'introverts' famous for their work such as Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Beethoven, Mozart, or Vincent Van Gogh, but they've never been famous for their weirdness. There's a higher density, percentage of 'mentals' between Nobel prize winners, or authors of mandatory reading literature (e.g. Hemingway - one of the Nobel Prize winners) and artists learnt in schools than the percentage in average population. In contrast, you know a lot of their work, but don't know anything from their personal lives and, even, you don't know you're calling them 'mentals'.

Clown
Contact offline

Post by Clown » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:11 pm

OK, let's say the events are not independent. Let's say I think someone is such... Is it possible that other people find him/her the same and will agree with me?
I'm not sure what is for you a '...
Describe me what is it for the majority of people, how they imagine it. Why and what is the difference, why and what do we imagine differently?
You know that none is perfect.
How does someone know the smartest geniuses can be wrong? How is it possible to know the best geniuses are, or not perfect? On the planet are walking people with IQ above 190 and well educated people with lower IQ, but how can you know it about the rest of population if you are not the smartest on the planet and you are not the most educated one?

I created a new topic: http://forum.unisoftdev.com/meta-discussion-f13/terms-of-use-t115.html

Juraj Vysvader
Site Admin
Contact offline

Post by Juraj Vysvader » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 pm

If you say it first... Psychologists had given a lot of opportunities to build up lists of cognitive biases like you can find on Wikipedia, or here. If conditions are met, majority of the cognitive biases will be powering the faith.
It wasn't so long time ago when women mightn't vote, drive and work in many professions, because males didn't think females are smart enough. In the same time, many Afro-Americans were living as ex-slaves receiving just a minimum respect as well.

One is obvious. If you say 'moron', then e.g. liberals and conservatives, victims and their attackers, bullied and their bullies imagine a different person (each other - exact opposites). 'Smart, ethical, strong, cool' mean something else for members of different religious beliefs, political tribes, movements, sports, cultures, ethnics, genders, professions, interests, drinkers vs non-drinkers, or weed consumers vs others and whatsoever...

Clown wrote:How does someone know the smartest geniuses can be wrong? How is it possible to know the best geniuses are, or not perfect.
Deductively, for example:
1.) If you observe five and one of them is an atheist, christian, muslim, buddhist and hinduist, then 4/5 of them, or all of them are wrong. The number can be 4/5, or higher.
2.) Debates... There can't be all correct if they don't agree together. It's just a simple deduction.