Best text editor for windows

What's worth to know?
Fred Webber
Contact offline

Best text editor for windows

Post by Fred Webber » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:50 pm

Which one programming editor is your favorite and why? Give me a reason to use whatever you think it's such progressive tool. What is the best text editor for windows? Is there any text editor which are you so happy to work with? Show me something impressive.

Juraj Vysvader
Site Admin
Contact offline

The fastest text editor

Post by Juraj Vysvader » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:28 pm

I've tried many of IDEs, however, found just one very lightweight code editor. Notepad++ seems to be the fastest text editor which I tested.

A few reasons why I keep using Notepad++
  • The more lightweight editor is a faster editor, which doesn't disturb your focus, or doesn't require any waiting.
  • No frozen, or crushed computer and no lost unsaved data afterwards.
  • You can open more files of a bigger size and work with all of them at the same time.
  • Notepad++ doesn't destroy your computer (it's not overwhelming).
  • Notepad++ doesn't cause quick sucking of electric energy (battery? How long could you work on your laptop?).
  • Notepad++ is a free text editor for Windows. You don't have to pay anything.
  • It's a programming editor capable of work with a great amount of languages such as e.g. PHP, Python, JavaScript, C#, C++, Java, R programming language, Haskell, Batch and whatsoever.

This is one of the oldest text editors without such extraordinary attractive design effects like many newer code editors, Christmas tree, or disco lights do really have, however, it's still my favorite, because enable me to work smoothly and, thereafter, I'm reaching a higher productivity.