Upcoming crypto forks dates

Startup & marketing talk
Fred Webber
Contact offline

Upcoming crypto forks dates

Post by Fred Webber » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Where can I find some info about upcoming crypto forks dates? Litecoin surged by 34% because of the hard fork and the same happened in cases of other crypto coins. I'm a bit upset that I didn't know it's gonna happen right now. I used to check hard fork calendar at http://www.coincalendar.info, but i don't see any mention of preparations for any Litecoin hard fork.

Juraj Vysvader
Site Admin
Contact offline

The other indicators

Post by Juraj Vysvader » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:33 pm

One can think that tweets/retweets about cryptocurrency exchanges, trading platforms, and positive/negative mentions of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc, it can be a strong indicator. There's some paid product from Reuters called Market Psych, however, you can deploy own scrapper. You can crawl just single feeds by topic, date and make a simple word count (positive/negative words) and count of tweets, likes, retweets, etc. In general, it's very simple. I think you have already played with some PHP, JavaScript, or Python web-apps. But this wouldn't be a web-app.

You know that the crowd read a technical analysis and general news. The analyses and news make an influence on the public decision to buy, or not. Google Trends can give an indication how much people go to exchanges like Coinbase and read the technical analyses, legislative news about Bitcoin, things like "will bitcoin go back up", and so far...

Probably, I didn't write anything that you didn't know but the effort was here.