Raspberry Pi alternatives

Hardcore components
Juraj Vysvader
Site Admin
Contact offline

Raspberry Pi alternatives

Post by Juraj Vysvader » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Which are the best Raspberry Pi alternatives? At the moment, I know some of attractive alternatives mentioned below, which outperform Raspberry Pi in some particular tasks, although, I'd like to stay informed. All the Pi family of mini computers is constantly cross-compatible, so there's no expected issue with OS, cameras, or other components. Maybe, you could check the topic: Raspberry Pi ideas.

Here're some alternatives to Raspberry Pi 3 Model B:

• Orange Pi Pc and Orange Pi Pc 2
    Orange Pi Pc costs $15 and Orange Pi Pc 2 is for $20 (1/2 price of Raspberry Pi 3), H3 Quad-core Cortex-A7 H.265/HEVC 4K on 1.6GHz (, whereas Raspberry pi 3 is running on 1.2GHz). Both of them have got 1GB RAM. Raspberry Pi's GPU is well-performing in video related tasks and can give up to 29Gflops, Orange Pi Pc's GPU is weaker, but Orange Pi Pc 2's GPU Hexa-core "mali450" gives up to 40Gflops.

• Orange Pi Plus 2
    This costs 49$, so almost like Raspberry Pi 3 model B for 42$ in the UK, cheaper in US for 35$. Basically, It's very similar with Orange Pi Pc, nevertheless, Orange Pi Plus provides 2GB RAM and 16GB EMMC Flash onboard storage + TF card (Max. 64GB) /?MMC card slot like we know it in the case of Raspberry Pis. This one will be a better alternative to Raspberry Pi, if will be deployed e.g. as a home proxy server, or for any tasks without demands of 3D processing.

Adam M.
Contact offline

Alternatives to Raspberry Pi 3

Post by Adam M. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:39 pm

I would take a look at Odroid by Hard Kernel. Hard Kernel has developed faster alternatives to Raspberry Pi 3 provided for comparable prices. The substitutability of RPI is pretty much obvious. RPI started a revolution, but (at the moment) there are tons of outperforming mini-computer boards able to be a worth replacements.